Next question is always ....4) "Tr how old are you?"Well,I never tell any of my students exactly how old i am...I just don't.I always say something like am so so so so old,and they keep asking how old..and I say sooooo sooo old and after some time it gets boring and we do something else and forget about my age.FYI..i stopped telling them to guess,coz they would guess some ridiculous numbers.Do I seriously look 35??or 38??*sigh*.But this time when my new class asked me how old I was,and after so many am sooo sooo sooo old,I finally said that I was 214 rs old!!They went silent for a while...then a tiny little hell broke loose..haha"Tr.how come your hair is not grey,that is not true,how come your back is still straight,how come you are not wrinkled...." Ooooi too many questions i had to come up with something....So here is what I told them:
"In Kenya there is a mountain with a magical spring at the top,if you go up the mountain and drink from this spring,you will never grow old.When I was young,I was lucky enough to get a drink.The journey up the mountain is not easy at all,there are crazy dangerous spirit animals everywhere and you cannot bring your own food or water!!There are spiritual beings that try to lure you by telling you they have the magic water and you dont have to go all the way to the top,but if you follow them,they will KILL you!!The journey up the mountain is a test of your strength and endurance by the spirits that guard the mountain.If at all you can't get to the spring,they have to kill you,no one comes back from the mountain alive unless they drank the water from the magic spring." LOL
So after staring at me for a few seconds...they started asking all these questions...
1. Why cant you carry food up the mountain?...coz the spirits will make it disappear.
2.Were you attacked by animals?what kind of animals?...uh yes.lions,tigers...crocodiles..name it,it attacked me!
3.How did you fight them?...well i mostly ran and hid..or climbed a tree until the animals left.
4. Why cant you put the water in bottles and bring some back with you?...uuuh coz the spirits allow each person only 1 palm scoop of water..even if you scoop it up and it spills,you cant have another scoop!!no one can put the water in bottles!!
5.So if the water spills the spirits will kill you?uuh no,why would they?
6. But you said you can't come down the mountain alive if you dont drink the water?..oh yeah yeah..they would definitely kill you,i had forgotten.
7. What will happen if you put the water in bottles?...uuuh it will disappear!
8.. How old were you when you went up the mountain?....uuu 16.
9.. How long did it take you to get to the spring?uuuh 2 weeks!
10.So you spend 2 weeks with no food or water?Yes i did.!
11. What is the name of this mountain?...uuh cant tell you,you are not Kenyan.
12.Can just anyone go up the mountain to get this water?uuh no,you have to be from a special tribe and a special family.
13.So you are special?...yeah,you have no idea.
14.If someone shoots you can you die?..yes i can.
15. If a car hits you,can you die?...yes I can.I can die if am hurt or in an accident but not from old age!!
16. So will you live forever and ever?...yes my dear,i will!!
This questions went on for a while but stopped after sometime. Then we were doing something else when one student asked me...do you have a mum,I said yes...why not.Is she alive?..i say yes she is.Then he asked me..where is your mum?I said ..at home.I dint know where this was going.Then he pauses for a second and asks me...Then how old is your mum???hahahahhahahaha this caught me completely offguard!He was clearly wondering if am 214 yrs old,and my mum was alive,then how old was my mum!!!hahaha little rascal!!I had to get myself out of that one.......